Acupuncture: Energy Medicine
Acupuncture is without a doubt the best known branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine. We can define it as a science-millenarian art of regulation of the body's energy.
The role of the acupuncturist is to detect power disturbances and their causes, and the restore the circulation of blood and energy, clearing blockages and increasing the flow of energy where it is lacking. For this, the acupuncturist can help yourself to the use of fine needles inserted selectively into specific points located along the routes of energy (meridians), thereby correcting, by reflex, the disturbances at various levels. It may, in specific cases, to use other branches of traditional Chinese medicine such as massage (Tui-Na), moxibustion (combustion of artenísia on acupuncture points), herbal products (plants), the advice of certain exercises, a proper diet, daily hygiene, which together will provide the restoration of health.
Situations where the Acupuncture is more effective
Acupuncture is an energetic medicine of excellence, it will have in any situation a helpful intervention. However, in practice, it was found that there are clinical situations where its application is more advantageous, these situations are recognized by WHO.
Being the pain a blocking expression or an energetic deficiency, the acupuncture is very useful in restoring the unbalance, releasing the pain in conditions such as:
- Headaches, migraines, trigeminal neuralgia, etc.
- Rheumatic pains, arthritis, arthroses, rheumatoid arthritis, acute articular rheumatism, articular pain in general, sciatica, neuralgia, tendonitis, etc.
- Back pain: cervical pain, lumbago, dorsalgias, herniated discs, etc.
- Nervous system: the fragility of the central nervous system, minor depressions, neurasteina, anguish, agitation, nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, emotional tension.
- Respiratory problems and ORL: asthma, bronchitis, cough, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, allergies, tonsillitis, tracheitis, pharyngitis, otitis, etc..
- Problems uro-genital and sexual: inflammations and irritations urinary, prostate adenoma, impotence, frigidity, polyuria.
- Problems hepato-gastro-intestinal disorders: gastritis, duodenal ulcer, dyspepsia, anorexia (lack of appetite), biliary dyskinesia (lazy vesicle), abdominal bloating, bloat (gas), acute or chronic diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome etc..
- Immune system: Acupuncture supported by Chinese Herbal Medicine, moxibustion and Qi Gong has an important role in immune defenses.
- General Fatigue, lack of tonus: toning the organs which are the energy producers, Acupuncture allows the restoration of a healthy appetite for energy and the corresponding action.
- Children's Problems: A Chinese Herbal Medicine and Homeopathy are therapies of choice in children's problems reducing heavy therapies such as antibiotics.
- Treatment to quit smoking.
- Weight loss.
+351 289 864 578